Saturday, August 7, 2010





On Pioneer Day I ran the Deseret News Marathon. Except for the two weeks right before the race, I trained pretty hard in preparation for it (dang school work seems to get in the way of all the important life events). Despite all my training I only cut about two and a half minutes off my previous time and finished in 5 hours 5 minutes, and 46.3 seconds. I was a little bit disappointed at first, but then I started thinking about the fact that in about 3 months time I changed my running form and my running shoes in a radical way. In April I wore conventional running shoes, but on Pioneer Day I wore my Vibram FiveFingers shoes. As you can see from the pictures, I wore the same red shirt and silky shorts. Seeing the picture with a higher resolution I can better understand why people are always making fun of my silky shorts. Even though they feel great, they don't leave much to the imagination.


1 comment:

Quinn & Ogden Nash said...

That is so impressive Andy! I try to run at least one mile a day I don't think I could ever do 26!!